The site, originally consisting of garages and vehicle storage was not delivering the level of return that our client knew the site was capable of. We helped our client realise the investment potential by recommending a commercially-focused development of a desirable, residential scheme.
What we did:
Once initial planning permission was granted, we were asked by our client to lead the project from RIBA work stage 3 and onwards and were able to draw on the unusually wide range of skills at Derrick Wade Waters to complete the developed design through to construction.
Our role included:
- Architectural design to resolve strict planning conditions and building regulations compliance
- Total project management and design coordination including CDM compliance
- Structural design and engineering
- Cost consultancy and quantity surveying
- Estate management
Our multi-disciplinary approach enabled a design solution that delivered the optimum combination of practicality, value, return on investment and aesthetic appeal.
- The first occupiers of this high-quality development moved into the residences in March 2018
- Our energy strategy delivered a significant improvement on the standard energy efficiency building regulations
- All 8 apartments were pre-let before the building was completed
- An ongoing relationship with our client as we retain the Estate Management contract
The last word:
“Whist we have worked with Derrick Wade Waters for many years now, we have never attempted a substantial build from the ground up. Derrick Wade Waters provided invaluable assistance throughout the complete project. Their management skills were second to none and they maintained a healthy relationship between us the developer, and the nominated builders.
The team ensured that the project was as much on budget as you can get, and the problems we encountered were solved to our satisfaction.
The project is now complete and occupied and we are very happy with the result. I would not hesitate to recommend the team at Derrick Wade Waters to anyone.”